Re: [Banshee-List] Some features I would definitely like for Banshee 1.2 !

2008/6/21 Michal Sawicz <michal sawicz net>:
> Dnia 2008-06-21, sob o godzinie 16:03 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki pisze:
>> 1) if the file has embedded artwork, use that
>> 2) if the there is a cover file in the album directory, embed it and
>> go to 1
>> 3) try to find a cover online and if successful, embed it and go to 1
>> 4) if user drags/picks a new cover, embed in in all the files
>> belonging to that album/compilation and go to 1
>
> Please don't. I don't want the covers to be stored in every single file.
> If a cover is 100kB, I have around 13k songs... that's 1.3GB of
> artwork... Divide that by an average of 10 songs per album and we get
> 130MB... quite better.

I didn't intend to embed 100kb worth of covers in every file. See what
other players do (including iTunes) in this area. They only embed a
thumbnail that gets displayed by every single piece of hardware I own
(including but not limited to all kinds of Playstation consoles I use
to play music at home).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution