Re: [Banshee-List] ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

Bertrand Lorentz wrote:
Always nice to see more third party extensions !

I think it would be a good idea to also provide a source tarball along
with you binary. It would help those who like to compile stuff or are
running banshee SVN trunk, and don't want to deal with another version
control client.

Where's the hacking spirit in that? If I have to use your SVN, you can't bother to use my Darcs? :-P At one point in time I had all of the following installed at once: cvs, svn, darcs, hg, git, and almost installed bzr, not to mention that I was working with some proprietary SCS or another at the time... :-) In my experience it never hurts to at least learn the basic check-out/get command and update/pull command for any SCS you encounter.

Anyway, source tarball created:

http://repos.worldmaker.net/releases/magnatune/1.0-source.tar.gz

In return, if you're interested and if I'm really bored, I might help
you setup the autotools build stuff. ;)

Yikes. What sort of a threat is that? :-) I'm amazed every time I watch a successful autotools build. It seems to me more like an occasion to celebrate with alcohol and festivities more than a common place part of a build system... But I'm just a developer that focuses primarily in .NET and Python mostly spoiled by short build times in the one world and mostly non-existent builds in the other...

I would have filed this on the issue tracker, but
http://magnatune.code.worldmaker.net/issue/ gives me "The page does not
exist."

Heh. Page does not exist because no issues exist... But the public issue posting form is still on my TODO list, anyway. I'll consider this a +1 to get that done... Noted:

http://darcsforge.code.worldmaker.net/issue/2008/jun/16/public-issue-posting-commenting/

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/