Re: [Banshee-List] Fleow Plugin

Thanks for your input!

the performance issues were caused by a long load time at startup and (probably) weak rendering code (large number of textures all being drawn, even if they shouldn't)

The load time can probably be fixed with the new codebase and the rendering code can be optimised by reducing the amount of albums actually plotted (e.g. 5 albums to the left and 5 to the right, the others would be only partly shown, and would not contribute to the effect)

However those are worries for later, first I'd like to get it work as is.
So here are my first two questions:
- the original Fleow plugins adds it's 'Engine' widget (the cover flow) as next: InterfaceElements.MainContainer.PackEnd(...); What is the structure of the GUI at the moment, and can I replace the album browser? I'be browsed throuught the source code but couldn't find it immediately.
- What is the database layout of Banshee? More specifically where are the album covers stored (in the database? real files?) or where can I find the information in the database!

Thanks!
Mathijs