Re: [Banshee-List] Fleow Plugin

> You probably know the Fleow plugin, well I'm interested in porting
> this to the new Banshee 1.0 framework, however documentation is
> scarce, so I was wondering if this is a good idea, or if I should
> wait just a little longer when docs are being written?

Yes I remember the plugin. It had some bad performance issues in 0.13.x but perhaps those could be worked around with the new banshee-1 codebase now?

I'm not sure if this has any use beyond "wow this looks cool" but well, it looks cool... also, there's a similar thing in the works for Rythmbox, so it would be extremely nice to have the same thing also available as an option for Banshee.

That said, it's probably a good time to start porting right now. You can have a look at one of the smaller plugins (Bookmarks and Minimode for example) to get the basic idea and ask here or on IRC (#banshee on gimpnet) if you have any questions.

Some other notes:

* IMHO it would be nice if the plugin (if enabled) would replace the artist/album browser area (horizontal scrolling if the browser is configured to be shown above the song list and vertical scrolling if it is configured to be shown on the left)

* I remember building Tao was a pain when I tried the original Fleow. Since then, f-spot has started bundling Tao, so you could have a look there and also integrate it for ease of use

Good luck!

Cheers,
-Michael
Schon gehört? Der neue WEB.DE MultiMessenger kann`s mit allen:
http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3016