Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Podcast Synchronization in 1.0

Podcast syncing does not work as expected. We set the correct attributes in Banshee itself, but it seems that ipod-sharp does not properly write the podcast items to the iPod database. So the answer is "yes, when ipod-sharp's bug is fixed, Banshee will magically work."

Also there is an issue setting Podcast cover art. It's stored in a different way than regular cover art, so it doesn't seem to get picked up for Podcasts when syncing. The audio and video for each Podcast item does sync though - just shows up in the wrong place. We will not be addressing these issues for 1.0, but they're high on my list to address for the next cycle.

--Aaron

>>> Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy bellsouth net> 06/01/08 11:17 PM >>>
Hey everyone:
I have an iPod and I hope that starting with Banshee 1.0 I can use
Banshee to syncronize the iPod, and from what I've read it seems so. I
have one question, though (I would try isese but I don't want to sync
the database until I know this will work)

1. Do Podcasts (and video podcasts) work? Meaning, do they go into the
Podcast folder, have dates associated with them, and can Banshee tell
the iPod what Podcasts I've listened to so it can mark it as listened?

Thanks
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy
Public Mail <kevin dupuy opensuse org>