Re: [Banshee-List] Ubuntu Problem w/ banshee-1 series

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Michal Sawicz <michal sawicz net> wrote:
> Dnia 2008-06-02, pon o godzinie 09:03 -0400, Josiah Ritchie pisze:
>> I've been unable to play any sort
>> of audio since my install of Hardy a couple days after its release.
>
> There are several things to check:
> a) is pulseaudio running?
pulseaudio? That's a new one for me. What does it do?

In any case - ps aux says it's running '/usr/bin/pulseaudio --log-target=syslog'

> b) which audio system have you selected in gstreamer-properties?
Default Output
   Plugin: Autodetect changed to ALSA to get the "Test" button to work properly.

After this I restarted banshee and it didn't change anything.

> c) do gst-launch and/or other gstreamer based players (e.g. totem) work
> fine?

totem-gstreamer is acting the same way that banshee is.

Oh, here's something...
I went into System -> Preferences -> Sound

Music and Movies has the sound playback on Autodetect. I changed this
to ALSA. Now I'm in business.

Thanks for helping me figure out where to look Michal.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen