Re: [Banshee-List] empty tag are changed without using the reason

Andrew Conkling wrote:
On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 9:36 AM, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte gmail com <mailto:knocte gmail com>> wrote:

    filpel wrote:

        filpel wrote:

            After that i charged my media library of only mp3, everytime
            that banshee
            finds empty tags, it changes them using, for example, the
            name of the
            folder of the file, if the song has an empty "album" tag.

            That's very stupid! I don't want it!!!

            If i don't want to insert a "album" tag, that's what i
            want... There is a
            reason for that: on my "creative zen" i want to see only the
            albums in
            which i have more than 1 song, i don't want to see 1000
            album with 1000
            different songs... I want to see only 6 albums, even if i
            have 1000 song,
            and only 45 for those 4 albums...

            Right?

        In other words, I WANT TO DISACTIVATE THE "FILE SYSTEM
        ORGANIZATION" that
        you can find in the preferences.

        AND i want that banshee watchs ONLY the real tags, and not that
        it invents
        it comparing with the file name or the folder to complete empty
        tags...

    +1

    I would vote for a checkbox that disables that feature.

You mean like "Edit song metadata" in the Preferences? AFAIK, that's exactly what that checkbox controls.

Sorry, I don't find that option. Do you mean the checkbox "Write metadata to files"? If yes, I've always thought that this option is very ambiguous. A user may think: does it mean when I change the metadata using the metadata editor dialog or does it mean in the import process?

Regards,

	Andrés