Re: [Banshee-List] Fwd: Lastfm 2.0 access

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 13:12, LCID Fire <lcid-fire gmx net> wrote:
I have a few requirements:
- It has to be LGPL or a more liberal license (since I don't want to be
forced to license my lastfm library under the GPL)

Looking around I did not find a single library which would do these
things. So finally I decided to implement one on my own. Looking at the
proxies they are all licensed under GPL so I can't even start using one
of those - so I'm starting from scratch.

If you rule that criterion out, would you be in better shape?

I'm curious, without going off on too much of a tangent, but why so concerned about not using the GPL?