Re: [Banshee-List] Fwd: Lastfm 2.0 access

Very cool.  If it meets your needs, I think Apache can be configured like a proxy server also, it is Apache based, of course.  And Django is a web framework that is BSD licensed.

Brandan

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 13:12, LCID Fire <lcid-fire gmx net> wrote:
Brandan E. Lloyd wrote:
> Someone on my user group irc mentioned django or using a squid proxy as
> an idea.  I haven't had time to check it out but I have been thinking
> about setting up the same thing for testing podcasts.
>
> If you figure something out let me know how you set it up.
I have a few requirements:
- The first is I need an inprocess http proxy/cache
- It has to be LGPL or a more liberal license (since I don't want to be
forced to license my lastfm library under the GPL)
- it should run out of the box - no external configure necessary.
- it should work fine with other libraries (e.g. curl)

Looking around I did not find a single library which would do these
things. So finally I decided to implement one on my own. Looking at the
proxies they are all licensed under GPL so I can't even start using one
of those - so I'm starting from scratch.