Re: [Banshee-List] SuSe 11, Banshee-1 starts only for root user

No, I'm afraid, at least I didn't do anything with special intention...

I also tried to install a new user to ee what's happening. Btut: nope, also new "normal" users don't have the rights to use it. Probable it's a bug in the German version??????

2008/7/2 Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>:
2008/6/28 Bileams Esel <bileams esel gmail com>:
>> >     > I recently installed Suse 11 on my Thinkpad R61, after using Suse
>> >     Enterprise
>> >     > edition for a couple of months. Trying to start banshee-1 after
>> >     installation
>> >     > (no update, a clean installation including formatting the HD), I
>> >     got this:
>> >     > -----------------------------------------------------
>> >     >
>> >     >
>> >     Try removing the entire ~/.config/banshee-1 folder. Also just to be
>> >     safe, remove ~/.config/banshee and ~/.gnome2/banshee as well.
>> >     Hyperair
>> >     -------------------
>> > Sorry, didn't help either.
>> > Alex
>> Hmm clear your gconf keys?  "gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/banshee
>> /apps/banshee-1"
>>
>> --
>> Hyperair
>

> nop. Sorry. It starts driving me a little bit nuts.

Hmm...maybe it's some group issue.  Did you do anything special when
you set up your user?

Sandy