Re: [Banshee-List] Notice: Forums permanently closed

Gabriel Burt wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> The forums were an interesting experiment, but they were overrun with
> spam accounts and questions didn't get answered very quickly (or at
> all).  This is partially because they really were redundant with our
> existing systems for help - mailing list, wiki/faq, bugzilla, irc and
> largely because our attention is already split in enough directions.
>
> We have decided to close them (no new accounts, no posting/logging in,
> no official links from the project homepage) but the content will stay
> up in case it's of use to somebody searching the web.

That's a shame. With Banshee being ported to Windows, I don't know that
most Windows users are familiar with mailing lists, let alone filing bug
reports. Maybe Banshee users would be different, but have you thought
about finding a volunteer to moderate the forum?

Jon Cosby