Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling Banshee on Win32

The work done on the Windows port is being merged into trunk and will
bear fruit in the next release of Banshee. In the mean time, however,
if you're really interested in using Banshee on Windows, there is an
installer. I haven't publicised the installer for a few reasons: 1)
some things don't work (CD playback/burning, mp3 players, some
plugins), 2) it's really just a functional prototype, 3) it will not
be updated in its current form; our efforts are now focused on merging
that work into trunk. You are welcome to give it a try. Download and
install the following in the following order:

https://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=74626&use_mirror=internap&filename=gtksharp-runtime-2.10.1-1.exe&90415147
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfcontent/private.php/gtks-inst4win/Win32%20Runtime%20Installer/v2.8.3/gtksharp-runtime-2.8.3-win32-0.0.exe
ftp://www.go-mono.com/archive/1.2.5/windows-installer/5/mono-1.2.5-gtksharp-2.10.2-win32-5.exe
http://abock.org/~aaron/banshee.msi

If you're on Vista, you will need to install the .NET 1.1 framework
first. If you have purchased music from iTunes, Banshee will play it
(you can also import music from iTunes). Feel free to report any bugs
to the list (bugzilla probably isn't the place for win32 bugs) - there
probably won't be any updates to the Windows installer before the next
version, but we would appreciate hearing about any bugs you find.