Re: [Banshee-List] Some gui ideas

2008/12/22 Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>:
> On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 15:20 -0800, p-funk1978 wrote:
>> As far as podcasts go I think some more thought needs to go into how
>> podcasts are handled.  I for one treat podcasts as separate from my library
>> as my podcasts are disposed of quite frequently and I regard them as
>> temporary. I don't want to have to look in my media library for a podcast,
>> nor do I expect to as there is a podcast listing in the navigation pane. If
>> I do want to save my podcasts I should be able to have a "save to library"
>> option when clicking on a downloaded item. Honestly I think that the
>> navigation in Miro is something to take from. It's easy to use. I know where
>> my downloaded things are, I know where new things are, and I know where to
>> go to get new things to download.
>
> I'm not sure I follow you. Podcasts are kept separate from the music
> library. The "Rescan" feature adds them to the library, but it's a known
> bug.

The way Banshee treats them currently, it does try to keep them
separate *in the interface* using magical code, but the files
themselves are downloaded into the main library directory (I believe
videos are handled the same way). I think a lot of people would prefer
to have them stored outside of the main library folder. There are some
podcasts that I could see wanting to import into the main library
(KCRW's "Top Tune of the Day" as an example, where the podcast is a
single song) but they are the exception, and they could easily be
handled using the standard "Import" functionality.