Re: [Banshee-List] selinux & ipod

2008/12/19 rodgersmc1 <rodgersmc gmail com>

Hello all; I'm having an selinux problem when trying to use an ipod with
banshee.  I had this problem six months or so ago on Fedora 9, but fixed the
problem by doing a relabel.  That isn't working this time.  The error I get
is not due to mislabeled files but do to podsleuth access.  selinux is
denying podsleuth.

The message:

[quote]SummarySELinux is preventing mono (podsleuth_t) "execstack"
podsleuth_t.
Detailed DescriptionSELinux denied access requested by mono. It is not
expected that this access is required by mono and this access may signal an
intrusion attempt. It is also possible that the specific version or
configuration of the application is causing it to require additional access.
[/quote]

Is there a simple way to add exceptions to SELinux?  Or to fix this bug?

Dan Walsh has some good guides for working with SELinux (SEtroubleshooter is your friend basically) but the solution that is preferred is filing a bug against selinux-policy-targeted after which Dan should fix it for you and issue an update.

- Your friendly neighborhood Fedora guy