Re: [Banshee-List] Getting Started on Windows Porting

Eoin,

I have managed to build all of the managed components (with the exception of the Dap libraries).  The VS project files while they do load do not contain the proper references to needed assemblies.  Once those references were added in, the project did compile and run.

Fundamentaly I don't see any reason that libbanshee wouldn't compile on windows, it is just GTK and gStreamer from what I can tell, both of which run on windows.  At present, it does not build easily.  That said, I've seen various blog posts that show Banshee running on Windows, so obviously some work has been done but that does not appear to be in the trunk (or I'm blind and can't find it).  Do you (or anyone else here) know where any of this previous work resides?

Justin