Re: [Banshee-List] new user questions

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 22:37 -0400, Ross M Karchner wrote:
> I really like Banshee so far, but there's a few things I haven't
> figured out yet:
>
> - How do I move a song from Local Queue to my library?
> - With manual ipod transfer, how do I move a podcast to my ipod, from
> the podcast screen (is searching for it in my library the only way?)
>
> I know this basically adds up to "be more like iTunes", but I'd love
> it if I could disable the distinction between opening a song and
> importing it, and set per-playlist syncing rules. (with 'Podcasts'
> acting as a playlist itself)
>
> I'm using 0.12.1 on Feisty.
>
> -Ross

Hi!

With 0.12.1, I don't believe there is a way of adding a file from the
Local Queue to the Library without importing it manually.

I'm not familiar with syncing iPods with Banshee, as I use a separate
app for that. If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to move a
podcast from the podcast directory into the iPod without going through
the library?

I agree with the rest of your comments. I'd be great if Banshee could
sync Podcasts, Playlists, and Videos correctly to an iPod. I know it's
probably coming soon, but anyway..
--
Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy bellsouth net>
Yo.media