Re: [Banshee-List] FLAC Support in Mirage?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm working on a gstreamer backend for mirage. The next version will be capable to analyze FLAC (and everything supported by gstreamer). For v0.2 Mirage will be polished and integrated in Banshee a bit more. I'm also currently thinking about different usage scenarios too. Like integrating Music Maps (a map of your collection) into Banshee:

inspired by:
http://www.ofai.at/~elias.pampalk/music/demo/basic1plain.html
and
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2006/12/19/musicmap_tec.html?category=technology
or
http://www.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/mir/playsom.html

Which is possible with a music similarity measure... The measure is not yet perfect.. but it will be improved.

If you've other ideas just tell me. :)

greetings,
domi.

Brandon Perry wrote:
I was wondering if there was any thought on FLAC support with the Mirage
plugin. You might try using GStreamer since FLAC is natively supported
on most Linux distros (if not all).