Re: [Banshee-List] Call for testers... if you have an iPod

On 5/8/07, William S Fulton <wsf fultondesigns co uk> wrote:
I got this:
checking for MONO_MODULE... configure: error: Package requirements (mono >=
1.1.10) were not met:

No package 'mono' found

from this line:

        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MONO_MODULE, mono >= $1)

even though I had gmcs, mcs and mono installed. I had to install libmono-dev for
it to work. Confusing!

Similar problem with it saying it needed hal when it really needed libhal-dev.

This is pretty standard in the Linux world.  It's the distribution's
choice to split things like libhal into packages named "libhal" and
"libhal-dev" (they do this to save you space...after all, most users
will never build from source...that's for "dev"elopers).  But from the
point of view of things like PKG_CHECK_MODULES, if you don't have the
development files installed, it's like the library isn't even there.
You will almost always need the development package when building
software that requires that package.

Hope that helps,
Sandy