Re: [Banshee-List] Moving Files

On 5/1/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 5/1/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
> I've changed my username with a fresh install to clean-up after myself
> and now my banshee database is out of whack. I copied it over, but it
> apparently recorded an absolute position for the files. I'd rather not
> recreate for myself a second home directory just to stash my music.
> I'm trying to clean up the clutter after all. :-)
>
> I need to change /home/jritchie/.* to /home/josiah/.* for all the
> files in the banshee database in order to straighten this out.
>
> I'm sure there is a quick cli command that will do this with sqlite,
> but I don't know it. Can someone share this knowledge?

I asked something similar on the F-Spot list a few months back and it
was recommended that I try Mergeant.

It's a pretty tool, but I can't seem to figure out how to connect it
to SQLite. I figured out how to install the "provider", but can't get
any further than that.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen