Re: [Banshee-List] Moving Files

On 5/1/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
I've changed my username with a fresh install to clean-up after myself
and now my banshee database is out of whack. I copied it over, but it
apparently recorded an absolute position for the files. I'd rather not
recreate for myself a second home directory just to stash my music.
I'm trying to clean up the clutter after all. :-)

I need to change /home/jritchie/.* to /home/josiah/.* for all the
files in the banshee database in order to straighten this out.

I'm sure there is a quick cli command that will do this with sqlite,
but I don't know it. Can someone share this knowledge?

I asked something similar on the F-Spot list a few months back and it
was recommended that I try Mergeant.
http://www.gnome-db.org/ScreenShots

I still haven't tried it, but I expect the same would work with
Banshee. I'm also sure there's a sqlite command, but I also don't know
it. :P

PS: What happens if you rename your files? They'll disappear from the
database, right? (This is me soliciting for an answer to my quesiton
of a few weeks ago. O:-)

Cheers,
Andrew