Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee for Win32

Hey Daniel,

By no means would Helix be left out on Windows, but our exact Linux
+Helix solution is not portable as it is an out-of-process DBus server,
necessary because Helix does not run on 64 bit platforms as a native 64
bit binary. Thus we have a 64 bit Banshee communicating with a 32 bit
helix-dbus-server (which links against Helix), both running on a 64 bit
system.

The Windows version of the Helix engine should just wrap the necessary
calls in hxclientkit or probably even lower in the stack in COM levels,
so would probably be much simpler than our Linux use of Helix.

The GStreamer stuff should just run "out of the box" if libbanshee
(which has our GStreamer stuff in it) builds, as I expect it should, as
I don't recall any platform specific stuff in there. This is why I think
it'd be easier to start here with the port because it's probably the
fastest part to get working so efforts can focus on the much more
complex issue of hardware interop. Interfacing with playback engines,
regardless of flavor, is the simple part :)

--Aaron