Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee for Win32

also the media engine I did based on the newer libvlc api should work (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2007-January/msg00049.html )
the engine needs to be updated though to reflect the latest changes to libvlc-sharp
http://code.google.com/p/libvlc-sharp/

tjfontaine

On 3/12/07, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:
Right, the media engine is the very easy part for two reasons:

a) Windows provides a few engines to hook into (WMP and DirectX from
what I hear), and implementing this support for Banshee is pretty
trivial.

b) GStreamer should work just fine under Windows, also from what I hear,
so it's probably just a matter of making sure libbanshee compiles under
Windows. I don't think there are any platform specific things in
libbanshee.

Hardware support is what will need the most work, and will require lots
of Windows-specific knowledge.

--Aaron