Re: [Banshee-List] moving from sled to suse - mp3 and aac support

fluendo has just released a free mp3 plugin to gstreamer, and other
codec for decoding , like MS ones, are available for a price, and video
as well, i.e. play MS-video files wmv/asf, and even right off CNN home
page, or so is claimed.

So it seems to me if you use gstreamer for banshee, this would be a good
way to go for your mp3 support, and if you ever have a need for windows
compat. then you can drop a small few bills and get those codecs as
well.

This was just announced the other day, i havnt done it yet, but plan to.
And as you are, i am also finding i need to go to openSuse now from SLED
in order to keep more current/(cutting edge).

http://www.fluendo.com/
https://shop.fluendo.com/index.php?cPath=2_22&osCsid=2lhaedfjgrccbvtus4vn1i24s2   (free download of mp3 codec.)

according to the news on the site, any distro can
include this free mp3 codec in their release as long as they
get (free) permission from fluendo, but i wonder if there
as strings attached, else you would figure that
all novell & openSuse linux products could be released now with
the mp3 and be legit, and every other linux distro for that matter.

-tl