[Banshee-List] Banshee fails to encode FLACs to MP3 on iPod

Following the instructions at
http://linuxrevolution.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-banshee-0113-on-ubuntu.html,
I install Banshee 0.11.3 on my Ubuntu 6.10 computer. I have tried to use
Banshee to transfer my FLACs onto my 3G iPod which is recognized by
Banshee. However, after I press synchronize manually, Banshee displays
an error message that it is unable to encode the FLACs and therefore
does not transfer them to the iPod (I have set Banshee to convert them
to MP3s in the iPod's settings). I even tried installing the Xing MP3
encoder by using the previous instructions as a template.

Can anyone advise me as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much.

Chris Lloyd