Re: [Banshee-List] Problems with new ipod and banshee

On 1/8/07, Michael Brasse <michael brasse gmail com> wrote:
Hello everybody,
Could someone give me any hints how to get my ipod to work with banshee?

It is a new ipod video 30GB (model A146) in black.

If I plug it in on the ipod it says "Do not disconnect"

The system also starts banshee automatically (what I like).

On the desktop I see an ipod icon and activating that it is possible to
browse the few files stored on the ipod.

But unfortunately in banshee the ipod doesn't show up at all. I already
reinstalled and upgraded to the latest version of banshee and the other
software. Ahccording to the troubleshooting guide it is time to write this
mail.

BTW: I use OpenSuse 10.2, banshee 0.11.2 and gnome as desktop manager.

Any hint of where to look might be helpful. Please let me know.

Have you seen this page yet: http://banshee-project.org/Troubleshooting/iPod

Also, I seem to remember something about there being a change in the
iPod that was fixed in some of the newer versions of the software that
connects to the iPod. You might search back through the list for that.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen