Re: [Banshee-List] 2 feature suggestions: syncing to playlist / autosync

Christopher Friedt wrote:
'unique player hash id' | 'name of associated playlist'
asd98ysdgpuhasd   | (null)
087aouhw4'p9u8ase | "General"
0o8wruhas7yasdf   | "Nano"

2) if a device has a (null) - or effectively its 'unique id' doesn't exist on the left side then no playlist is associated (obviously) but this could be a que for banshee to ask the user if they would like to associate device "asd98ysdgpuhasd" with a playlist (and then record both the 'player id' and the "name of the associated playlist" selected)

Just thought I'd clarify ... 2) should read:

2) if a device has never been connected, and thus it's 'unique id' is
new to the database, when banshee scans the database for a record it will have no records returned.

Banshee could then take this event, and ask the user to associate a playlist with this 'unique id'. If the user declines, then add the 'unique id' | (null) record to the database, so that the user isn't prompted every time.

So in the above scenario, if 'asd98ysdgpuhasd' connected, nothing would happen. If '087aouhw4'p9u8ase' connected, then it (could / would) be automatically synced to the "General" playlist. Likewise, for '0o8wruhas7yasdf' -> "Nano"

if say 'newid00382' was scanned, then the user would go through 2) exactly once.

Sorry for any confusion.

I wrote the earlier message before having any caffeine in my system this morning ;)

I'd be happy to write something up... well... aside from the fact that I have no time, am in the middle of exams, and have never written anything in C# :)

but maybe in the next few weeks, if someone gives me some direction (i.e. detecting a device using C#, accessing banshee.db using C#, etc)