Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee mockup

El s� 03-02-2007 a las 22:48 +0100, Lukas Spierings escribi� Banshee Lovers,

> I've made a mockup of a futuristic Banshee. You can find it here. It
> is just an idea that I came up with. Notice the vertical
> browse-by-letter bar. It is inspired by the iPhone contact list
> browser. It doesn't use a lot of valuable space, like the original
> browser window in iTunes/Rhythmbox. It can sort by album, artist and
> foldertree.
>
> Please submit your ideas/wishes/mockups. I think Aaron already has his
> own ideas about this, but I just wanted to show this. Let's help Aaron
> with making the best media player even better.

I was waiting to be accepted in the forum to comment some ideas about
gui improvements for Banshee; may be I try to do some mockups
tomorrow :)

One of them is similar to yours:

SmartPlaylist are cool for the music you're listening or you WANT to
listen. The "browser" is usefull mainlly when you don't now what you
want to listen, and browser didn't do the work well, because you need to
see in a easy way your library. Personally,  I'll be very happy changing
the browser for a "gallery".

For the gallery I'll use a simple design; showing miniatures of the
album cover with the name in colored rectangles/squares grouping album
by a selected wiev (Artist - all the albums from an artist grouped,
Year, Genre ...) and, when you drag and objet (album or big selection)
to playlist-list as is done you can get a new playlist or add it to an
existing one, as actually when you drag a song.

The problem is about song wiht no album; but, tTo find a song, just
search it or use the simple list, no?

The other idea, will be introduce tags.

To browse the tags I'll keep the f-stop way. And, to tag music, I'll
introduce the option in the metadata editor and try to share tags with
last.fm. With tags, when you don't know exactly what to listen, you can
bet on a tag and improve the shuffle mode :)

Excuse me for my poor english, I'll try to do a mockup to explain better
my thoutghs.

xiau!
iago