Re: [Banshee-List] Mac-formated iPod with Banshee 0.13.1?

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 21:55 -0600, Kevin Dupuy wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 23:50 +0100, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> > Sunday 16 of December 2007 22:44:51 Kevin Dupuy napisał(a):
> > > Hey everyone! I've got a simple question: will Banshee sync a
> > > Mac-formatted 5g iPods? I plugged it in, and Banshee popped up, then did
> > > nothing, not seeming to recognize the iPod.
> >
> > Are you able to list the files on the volume? AFAIR linux can't read the Mac's
> > XFS+ (or whatever) filesystems.
> >

> Apple uses HFS+, and GNOME recognizes it, and GTKpod sees it, although
> it won;t write, I'm trying to reformat it Windows, came back, and it was
> recognized on the desktop, but Banshee freezes when loading at "Starting
> Digital Audio Player Support" or something like that... so now that's a
> problem :(.
>
> openSUSE 10.3 and Helix Banshee 0.13.1.

OK, now I've got a new issue... I;ve reformatted it Windows, and plugged
the iPod in. It caused Banshee to not respond for a minute, then popped
up, asking me to rebuild the iPods database. I told it yes, and now it's
been going for an hour "Scanning iPod". What is going on and what should
I do?

Thanks!
--
Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy bellsouth net>