Re: [Banshee-List] Status of patchs

Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 19:49 -0700, Julien Sobrier wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I submitted 2 small patchs a while ago on Bugzilla:
>>
>> #408733 - the bug is in NEW state, but the patch is in
>> accepted-commit_now for several weeks. What is the next step?
>>
>> #401246 no comment on this one
>>
>> Please let me know if there is something else I should do, or if there
>> is a problem with the patchs.
>

> Basically, once accepted, I mark patches as accepted-commit_now. In
> banshee this means: abock, look at this, it's ready, review and commit
> it!
>
> We have an unusual number of accepted-commit_now patches at this moment.
> There's two reasons for this:
>
>  *) I'm not committing trivial patches myself. We've just started the
> new development cycle, which means Aaron will merge a lot of stuff,
> hence I'm staying of trunk. The nasty side effect is that very simple
> patches end up waiting in the bugzilla way too long.
>
>  *) Aaron is a busy (and sometimes tired) man. He will merge the
> patches. Unfortunately, there's a big ocean between me and abock,
> otherwise I'd go and poke him with a stick. As I don't have such a long
> stick, we'll just have to wait for a while. Don't go attacking him
> though, he just managed to survive an awful bug freeze and ipod
> debugging spree.
>
> I'm going to review more patches soon, but during the week, I'm at the
> university, which doesn't leave me much time for hacking. When time runs
> short, I tend to concentrate on the newest patches (we had 6 new patches
> in the last 7 days), but eventually, I'll get to the older ones too.
>

>    Ruben

Thank you for the details. The purpose of my e-mail was not to blame
anybody, but really to understand if there was anything more needed from
the patch creator.

If I understand correctly the review process, a couple of selected
people (like yourself), do a first review and triage. Then Aaron, and
only him, allow the commit.

--
Julien