Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 0.11 ipod problem

Interesting: Ipod --list failed because libgtop was not installed. After
installing libgtop, ipod reports:

ipod --list
glibtop: This machine has 1 CPUs, 1 are being monitored.

(process:29964): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_ascii_strtoull: assertion `nptr !=
NULL' failed
Path Info
   Device Path:      /dev/sda2
   Mount Point:      /media/usbdisk
   Control Path:     /media/usbdisk/iPod_Control/
   HAL ID:
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_part2_size_3948134400
Device Info
   Model Number:     (null)
   Device Model:     Unknown
   iPod Generation:  Unknown
   Adv. Capacity:    (null)
   Is New:           YES
   Writable:         YES
   Serial Number:    (null)
   Firmware Version: (null)
   Manufacturer ID:
   Production Year:  0000
   Production Week:  00
   Production Index: 0
Volume Info
   Volume Size:      3948134400
   Volume Used:      74760192
   Available         3873374208
   UUID:             (null)
   Label
User-Provided Info
   Device Name:      (null)
   User Name:        (null)
   Host Name:        (null)

Note that behavior in Banshee is still the same even after the
installation of libgtop. Ipod is recognized, the icon appears, size of
content is correctly reported but importing the ipod continues for ever
without getting anything, Any other idea how to debug?

Many thanks by advance,

Grégoire

PS: My comment was not aggressive. I understand your point and I agree
about open standard, and it's unfortunate that it's wishful thinking
both for Microsoft and Apple.