Re: [Banshee-List] Ipod detected by libipoddevice, not by banshee

I am by no means a dotnet expert, but I investigated a little more took an strace of banshee.

I noticed it opened a file ipod-sharp.dll.config, which contained the following:

<configuration>
	<dllmap dll="ipoddevice" target="libipoddevice.so.0" />
</configuration>

Presumably this indicates that the ipoddevice assembly is located in the libipoddevice.so.0 library, but the strace shows that this file is never being opened. This is my configuration line:

./configure --prefix=/usr --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --enable-avahi --disable-xing --disable-helix --disable-docs --enable-ipod --enable-njb --disable-gtk-doc --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu

configure also confirms:
    Digital Audio Players (DAP):
      iPod:            yes
      NJB:             yes
      MTP:             no

The njb libraries are opened fine in the strace.

Any idea why it wouldn't be opening libipoddevice.so.0?

Matt

Matthew T. Fata wrote:
I'm running Gentoo/x86 with xfce4 as my WM. I have gnome-volume-manager, dbus, and hald all running to support this. I thought it might be my not running gnome, but I think the issue may be in ipod-sharp.

Matt

Michel Salim wrote:
This is the problem I encountered on Fedora Core 6. What distribution
are you running (and on which platform)? I'm curious to see if it's a
more general problem, or is something to do with Fedora's placement of
Mono libraries.

Regards,

- Michel