Re: [Banshee-List] Problems with System.Xml

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 20:57 +0200, Michael Monreal wrote:

> Banshee and the plugins package should automatically use gmcs
> if available? What about gtk-sharp? What other packages have to
> be rebuild?

If you use Banshee HEAD, then gmcs will be used. If this is the case,
all plugins need to be built with gmcs. banshee-official-plugins will do
this automatically if you configure from a clean checkout, etc. The
build systems in other plugin modules have not been updated to
conditionally use gmcs vs mcs yet, so you will manually have to make
these changes if applicable.

The rest of the stack (gtk-sharp, etc. al.) does not need to be built
with gmcs as they don't reference Banshee APIs (plugins of course do).

> > Are you running Mono from HEAD too?
> No, 1.1.15 release currently. Do I need HEAD?

No, I was asking just to rule out any potential issues in case you were
using HEAD.

--Aaron