Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee does lyrics, too!

This is a frustrating problem that I've been trying to sort out.

Many distributions ship things broken-ish - putting libgtkembedmoz.so in /usr/lib/{mozilla product}/. In your case it seems strange since you have the library symlinked from /usr/lib - the DLL loader should find it as long as it's in ld.so.conf (and you've run ldconfig recently).

I've been tinkering around with a shell script that will attempt to locate the library and hardcode the path to it in your Wikipedia.dll.config file, but I haven't attached it in subversion. Basically what it would do is edit that last dllmap line in Wikipedia.dll.config to point to the full path to the proper library.

If you could try for me...edit that last line to say:
<dllmap dll="gtkembedmoz.dll" target="/usr/lib/libgtkembedmoz.so"/>
and try it.  If this fails, try:
<dllmap dll="gtkembedmoz.dll" target="/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.13/libgtkembedmoz.so"/> Of course, naturally, this will fail when you upgrade mozilla to a newer version, but it's worth a try.

Another thing is to check if your distribution knows any tricks - peek in the file /usr/lib/mono/gac/gecko-sharp/2.{whatever}/gecko-sharp.dll.config and see if it is anything fancy. That's where I got Wikipedia.dll.config from in the first place, so maybe it might point to some answers for you.

If you try any of this out, please send your testings to the mailing list to help me figure out how to better ship the plugin.

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren