[Banshee-List] Banshee LIRC Plugin

Hey folks,

So I've been at it again, and I am currently working on a LIRC remote control plugin for Banshee. Someone (I can't remember who) pointed to some code they found that did some very basic LIRC read code commands. The code itself was useless, but nonetheless it inspired me to get working on a c# set of bindings for lirc, which can then be in turn used by a banshee plugin. Thanks to whoever it was that brought it up...i've been meaning to start hacking on this one for a few months now :)

I've spent the last few days ironing out bugs in the lirc-sharp library that I've written, and I'll be soon writing a LIRC plugin for Banshee to control pretty much anything I can think of, including:

Toggling playback (play/pause)
Next / Previous track
Fast-forward and rewind
Changing Banshee's volume

In the future, possibly adding some other functionality:
Changing sources
Raising the window (great for when you're across the room and want to see the interface if it's on another workspace)
Anything else?

If you have any bright ideas - such as other things that it'd be neat to see controlled with your remote - let me know!

Also, if you have been working on a plugin of similar functionality, do let me know so we can avoid duplicating effort. I'll be publishing the plugin to Banshee subversion in the next few days, and lirc-sharp as well (somewhere, I'm not sure yet where best to publicly host a small project like this).

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren