Re: [Banshee-List] ID3v2 Mess

When GStreamer plays a stream, Banshee listens for any tags that may be
in the stream. It's not like there's a secondary effort to parse the
tags again (like on import) and /then/ play the stream. It all happens
at once.

Handling the stream tags when playing is useful mostly for playing
streams that are not imported in the library (through the open location
dialog, internet radio, etc.).

Because we do not write tags back to the files at the moment, this can
be a little weird for imported tracks because the tags appear to revert,
but this is only temporary while the stream is playing. Once tag writing
is complete (now that we've fully moved to GStreamer 0.10), you will not
notice any discrepancy.

In the mean time, if someone wants to turn this feature off by checking
to see if the current playing track is imported or not
(PlayerEngineCore.CurrentTrack is LibraryTrackInfo), I'll consider
committing the patch.

--Aaron