Re: [Banshee-List] ID3v2 Mess

On 7/15/06, Luke Hoersten <luke hoersten gmail com> wrote:
Version 0.10.10 and below use entagged-sharp and CVS uses gstreamer.
Both only for reading. No changes are made to the ID3 tags by Banshee.
The "edit metadata" dialog is for modifying the tracks entery in the
database.

But it seems to me that it's not working. Changes seem to be applied temporarly. When I click the modified song to play it again Banshee re-reads the tag information and everything looks garbled again.

On 7/15/06, Gray Yoga <grayyoga gmail com > wrote:
> What library banshee uses to write the metadata information into the audio
> files(in particular mp3). For reading it uses the entagged-sharp but whether
> it writes something when I press save in the "edit metadata" dialog, and by
> what means? Sorry, but I haven't found the writing code in the
> entagged-sharp and thats why I wonder what is the use of the "edit metadata"
> dialog.

Luke Hoersten
http://www.openradix.org/
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/~lhoerste/