Re: [Banshee-List] "Banshee is already running"

A terminal is where I'm launching it from...

I'm wondering if a reboot might just solve the problem, though I'm
reluctant to even try that standard Windows fix method...

I'll try rebooting at the next opportunity.

It would be interesting to know if any other Gentoo users have had
luck with 0.10.4? Incidentally, I'm running mono 1.1.10.1, in case it
rings a bell with someone.

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:54:05 -0500
Peter Colijn <pcolijn gmail com> wrote:

> Hmm, this is odd, it looks like something is telling Banshee that its
> parent process (whatever launched it) is also called banshee. Sounds
> like a mono bug, but I can't be sure. The code in main.cs that's doing
> this looks reasonable. Does the same thing happen when you launch
> Banshee from a terminal? In that case, does it claim that your
> terminal is another instance?
>
> Have fun,
>
> Peter

<snip>