[Banshee-List] "Banshee is already running"

I've just upgraded to 0.10.4, and now find myself completely unable to
launch banshee at all.

The error I get is:

"Banshee is already running. If you were trying to control the already
running instance of Banshee, D-Bus must be enabled. Banshee could not
connect to your D-Bus Session Bus."

Well, Banshee is definitely not already running. ps -eaf shows that
neither 'banshee' or 'mono' is running at all.

DBus is enabled. I've restarted it and dbus processes are running.
Furthermore, if I run the ipod utility and plug my ipod in, I see
notification of the device being found, so I know that DBus is working.

Finally, I tried launching banshee with dbus-launch, which produced the same error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--

Russ