Re: [Banshee-List] Trouble playing MP3 files ripped with grip

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

On 1/3/06, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:
> Technically it's possible, I just didn't want to clutter the interface
> with such an option. If you're a real stickler for high-quality lossy
> formats, I don't see why you'd use MP3 anyway.

Because it's the most common format, and my portable MP3 player cannot
play any other formats (WMA is not an option). ;-)

> If you want Banshee to rip MP3s as VBR, first explore the pipeline
> options that gstreamer exposes for lame:

Great! I did not knew I can change this pipeline for Banshee. I'll
have a look at that. When I once used this for Sound Juicer it created
VBR files without VBR header, so the length was not displayed
correctly.

I see Banshee getting my default player over Rhythmbox once it
supports smart playlists and does not consume thrice as much memory
(110mb and growing is too much I think)...

Nico.