[Banshee-List] Gentoo crashes

Hi,

I just subscribed to this list after reading a message from Russ Brown
about Banshee crashing on Gentoo when an iPod is plugged in. I looked
into the problem briefly, and it appears to be due to the fact that
iPod icons are no longer shipped with Banshee, and so in
SourceView::Render() the icon is null, causing a
NullReferenceException. I hacked around that particular issue, but
there seem to be a number of other places in the code where those
icons are depended upon, and I didn't feel like working around all of
them.

I filed GNOME bug #325370 for this. However, if the icons are now
supposed to be in another package, then it is a Gentoo bug for not
depending on that package.

Have fun,

Peter