Re: [Banshee-List] Cover art

On 12/20/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:

Seriously, my opinion is that your best bet would be to tag your music
with MusicBrainz when possible, and if not, save the local files. IIRC
you can save the files as cover.[jpg,png,etc] in the same directory
and they will be picked up; hopefully someone else can confirm that.
But MusicBrainz takes care of mine. :)

I started a page on the wiki abouth this issue. Are you sure you can
use any extension on the cover art in the directory or is it limited
to a few select ones? I'd like to be accurate if I put it on the wiki.

When you say tag your music using MusicBrainz do you simply mean let
the metadata plugin handle it? It would be cool if the metadata plugin
also reported back info on tracks/albums it didn't find information on
at MusicBrainz.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen