Re: [Banshee-List] Music Search

On 8/22/06, Lukas Spierings <spie loti nl> wrote:
I think the Smart Playlist plugin is developed for that. It's an
official plugin now (cvs version).

Oh yeah, I heard about that. This might just cause an exception to my
aversion to compiled software on my Ubuntu machine. (It's just a
convenience issue.)

I read somewhere that Abock is developing an UI that is much nicer. It
will be implemented late in the 0.11.x series.

Interesting :-)

> Finally, is there a repository setup somewhere for the most up-to-date
> versions of Banshee for Ubuntu Dapper like there was for Breezy?

This link explains how you can build Banshee from cvs on Ubuntu:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202464

:-) Yeah, but apt is just so nice. I did my time compiling with Gentoo
and really enjoyed it, but I like my software to upgrade quickly and
easily. That said, I'll probably go install CVS tonight anyway. :-) I
have a little free time.

Thanks for taking the time to throw this out there.

JSR/