Re: [Banshee-List] Music Search

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 13:40 -0400, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> I'm finding myself somewhat bound by banshee's capabilities to give me
> the music I want at any time. For example, if I want to listen to all
> my Switchfoot and Third Day songs I have to create a playlist, that I
> may use only once, then search for Switchfoot. I then add them to the
> playlist. Then I clear the search and look up Third Day and add them
> to the playlist. It would be nice to do something like search
> Switchfoot OR Third Day (a boolean search) to provide a shorter method
> that doesn't create a permanent playlist.

I think the Smart Playlist plugin is developed for that. It's an
official plugin now (cvs version).

> I remember there used to be a browser plugin. Is this available still?
> I think that provided about the same sort of thing I wanted, but in a
> more graphical way. In truth, I prefer the simplicity of a search to
> the point and click method, but beggars can't be choosers. :-)

I read somewhere that Abock is developing an UI that is much nicer. It
will be implemented late in the 0.11.x series.

> Finally, is there a repository setup somewhere for the most up-to-date
> versions of Banshee for Ubuntu Dapper like there was for Breezy?

This link explains how you can build Banshee from cvs on Ubuntu:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202464