Re: [Banshee-List] lame presets

Well, either I can't follow simple instructions, or gconf is just too
dorky for the average user.

Currently Banshee (either alone or based on some Gnome presets) allows
encoding with Lame at several fixed bitrates, between 48 and 320 kbps.

What I'd like to do is to add at least the "standard" preset to the
list. This is not a fixed bitrate, but it's Lame's own variable bitrate
preset. It is activated like this:

lame --preset standard file.wav file.mp3

It seems to me that Banshee pretty much assumes a fixed bitrate, so then
(if true) how do I add this VBR preset?