Re: [Banshee-List] Sorting by multiple columns?

On 8/3/06, Jamie Wilkinson <jaq spacepants org> wrote:
This one time, at band camp, Byron Poland wrote:
>I have found that if you sort things in a certian order it can work
>out somewhat.  try sorting by track number, then album and I think it
>will put the tracks in order by album.  So you could do a search for
>an artist, and then sort by track, then by album and you will get all
>albums by that artist in the correct track order... I just tried it
>with my  music lib. in the banshee that ships with Dapper, and it
>worked.

I get different results; banshee in Debian unstable doesn't do a stable sort
of track number if you then sort by album and then artist.

I've built some Dapper packages of 0.11.0 CVS.  For these packages, if
you sort by Artist you get Artist->Album->Track number sorting.  You
can find the (AMD64) packages on ubuntu.systemadministrator.org -
there's also source pacakges, if you're on a different arch.