Re: [Banshee-List] Bug Help Requested

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 11:42 -0400, Aaron Bockover wrote:
> I am noticing that there are currently at least 114 new bug comments on
> Banshee in Gnome Bugzilla, and I am not going to have the time to look
> at many of them for a maybe another week. Right now my priority is
> fixing our internal set of bugs, which will without a doubt knock out
> many in Gnome Bugzilla.
>
> However, just glancing at the bug summaries many look like dupes or ones
> easy to resolve or at least start commenting on.
>
> If anyone is willing, I would appreciate some help in whittling these
> down a bit until I can give them more attention.
>
> I know Ruben has been doing his best when he has time, but it'd be
> lovely to get some more hands in the stew :)

And I plan to keep on doing that. I'd really love to be able to write
big new features on banshee but currently time does not permit it.
That's why I've chosen to concentrate on bug bitching, mainly getting as
much bugs as possible ready for merging into CVS (there's quite a lot of
those already, which just require a "curl | patch -p0").

What bugs me mostly are those "long term maybe"-feature requests,
they're bringing us awefully close to the buggiest top-15 without a
direct way to close them ;-).

> Also, I am going to create a banshee-devel-list. I'll post a message
> when it is up.

Wonderful!

I'm thinking of organising some collective-triage sessions to tackle
longstanding bugs, but it's still an early idea and we need people
interested in them.

Cheers,
   Ruben

--