Re: [Banshee-devel-list] GStreamer 0.10 no longer maintained

My 2c:

Let's state the facts first (correct me if I'm wrong):

- We have 2 backends: GStreamer and GStreamerSharp.
- The latter is the default in Windows.
- Both target GStreamer 0.10.
- We've always wanted to default to GStreamerSharp, so we only
maintain one backend.

Now, can we assume these?:

a) Gtk3 is more important to finish than GStreamer 1.0.
b) If we commit the patch to make the GStreamer backend target
GStreamer 1.0 instead of 0.10, then we're getting the two backends be
out of sync.
c) If we wanted to get GStreamerSharp work with GStreamer 1.0, that
would probably mean upgrading it to use GLibSharp from gtk-sharp
master (or use the bindinator), which is not a trivial job, and would
anyway depend on Banshee requiring gtk-sharp 2.99.1, which brings us
back to the Gtk3 thing.

So if you agree with a), b), and c) and I haven't missed anything, I
think it is safe to say we should:

1) Get Gtk3 out the door (and for that it makes sense that we wait
until I/we finish GSettings support).
2) Release.
3) Get GStreamerSharp to be default.
4) Release.
5) Make GStreamerSharp work with GStreamer 1.0.
6) Release.

Or should we do 3) before 1)? I'm confused now.

What do you think?