[Banshee-devel-list] GStreamer 0.10 no longer maintained

Upstream Gstreamer will no longer be maintaining 0.10 nor issuing any further releases. Given that we currently have no GStreamer 1.0 bindings and the Bindinator isn't up to the task of creating them just yet (Andreia claims 2 remaining issues if I remember correctly), we should probably formulate a plan to move forward. There is still some time left on the 0.10 releases since distros will be shipping them but it would probably be a good idea to start thinking about how we can move Banshee away from using them in the near future.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2013-March/040009.html

Andreia is on CC for a comment on the bindinator progress.

--
David Nielsen
Sent with Sparrow