Re: [Banshee-devel-list] New Community Extension "JustPlayFiles" to solve bgo#634717

The default banshee behaviour is to add anything loaded from the
filesystem to it's corresponding library.

What the FSQ does it instead creates a seperate library designed to be
filled up with garbage over time. It can not be manually ordered like a
playlist, and isn't even technically a queue since it can only be sorted
by any field and is only a queue if it is sorted by date added.

I don't find that functionality desirable so I would like to be able to
disable the Filesystem Queue entirely. However when I do I am faced with
a worse problem every video I add gets added to my actual video library.
NO ONE wants that behaviour, seriously find me someone who wants that to
happen.

I'd actually argue this is the solution:

Step 1:

Nuke the filesystem queue library from high orbit.

Step 2:

Change the default behaviour so by default it plays and forgets.

Step 3: Add an option to add to the end of the play queue (an actual
playlist that can be ordered) when loaded form filesystem to preferences

Step 4: Add another option to add to the library when loaded form
filesystem to preferences.

Put this all in core not plugins.

Can anyone explain why the current state of affairs where having a
another library called the filesystem queue is preferable to just adding
a track to the end of the play queue?

Ovi Mail: Making email access easy
http://mail.ovi.com