Re: [Banshee-devel-list] [BCE] version and author info

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 01:59 +0800, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> On Saturday 27,February,2010 12:11 AM, Frank wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > [...]
> > Furthermore, is there any news on distribution packages of Banshee
> > Community Extensions?
>
> I have been working on packaging this. It will be up when I get taglib-sharp and
> banshee into the archives and the PPA.

Banshee Community Extensions (bce for short) is already available on
openSUSE :
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=banshee-community-extensions&project=Banshee

It is also available on Gentoo : it's masked and marked as unstable, but
the ebuild is there.

> > Who can make sure all Extensions are  in a stable
> > state for a release?
> The individual extension authors and the release manager or whoever makes the
> release.

A more general point :
The plan is to have bce releases at the same time as Banshee releases
(http://banshee-project.org/about/calendar/). So if you start working on
changes that might not be ready or usable for the next release, please
do your work in a branch. You can push your branch to the gitorious
repo, to make it visible to others, and then merge it to master when
it's ready for wider use.

The status of an extension can be indicated through the build system.
For example, the LiveRadio extension was added right before the release,
so we weren't sure it was ready to be used. That why it's currently not
build by default : you have to pass --enable-liveradio to configure in
order to have it build.
The configure output still needs to be tweaked to better reflect that.

If anyone has ideas on how to better handle this, I'd be happy to hear
them.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>